06 Apr How to Know God’s Will
Various times & ways God speaks to Abraham
12:1 the Lord said to Abram, go…
12:7 then the Lord appeared to Abram and said…
12:7-8; 13:4, 13:18; 22:9 Abram built an altar
15:1 the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision…
15:4 the word of the Lord came to Abram
16 the angel of the Lord
18:1 the Lord appeared to him
19:1 2 angels
- available to all people, times, places = less specific.
- Creation (Romans 1:19-20) …what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
- Conscience (Romans 2:14-15) Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires…show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness…
- Providence (Ruth 2:3)
- Wise Counsel (Proverbs 24:6) by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory.
- Available to some people, more clarity about Jesus
- Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is breathed out by God
- Supernatural Revelation (vision, dream, miracle, angel, voice, etc.)
- Conversational Listening Prayer (John 10:27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
- Holy Spirit conviction/leading (Acts 15:28) it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit
Discussion & Prayer
- What do you need to find God’s will for? How will you seek it?
- How can we pray for you?