23 Sep Real Men: Pray, Plan, Preach (Romans 1:8-17)
Online (including sr. pastors)
–Like Daniel in Babylon, Jesus disciples sent out teams, you need brothers for the battle
Last week’s kickoff
- Men new to the valley got connected
- Men got their first Bibles
- Men got engaged
- Men had a child
- Men who are older picked up guys who are younger
- Men prayed with their wives and kids for the first time
- Men sang with other men for the first time in their life
- Men shocked their wives who walked in the room to burst into tears
- Men found brothers for the battle
Romans 1:8-10 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you…without ceasing I mention you always in my prayers…
- Prayer – art, written, silent, spoken, sung
- Prayer builds relationship 1. w/God 2. w/others
- Thanksgiving – kickstarts a prayer life
- Without ceasing – integrated to life
Romans 1:11-13 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you— that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine. I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I have often intended to come to you (but thus far have been prevented)…
2 Kinds of Leaders –
1). Thought (open Bibles learn)
2). People (open lives love)
- Valley fastest growing city & county in US, #1 hottest real estate market
- Scottsdale first then see next options (Sat. 6pm)
Romans 1:15 So I am eager to preach the gospel…For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes…For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”
- How do people get right with God? Faith in Jesus Christ
- How do people get power from God? Faith in Jesus Christ
- How will people hear about Jesus Christ? You will speak to them about your faith in Jesus Christ
Pray – Plan – Preach
My Testimony – my 2020 was in 2014. 2014 God spoke to me/Grace, moved us, planted us, and our church is an ark we welcome people into as a family. 2020 God spoke to me & set us up for this season. Grace & I got away to pray & plan.
- What are you thankful for?
- How can we pray for you?
- What plans are you working on, or need to be working on?
- Who do you need to pursue for Jesus Christ and what is the best way to do that?