How to Lead Your Family on Good Friday and Easter: Daniel 12
- Daniel is an old man
- He has no kids or family, but is the spiritual father of God’s people nationally
- He writes Daniel to educate his spiritual sons & daughters preparing for eternity
Eternity Is a Binary Choice
Daniel 12:2-3 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
Men Lead into Eternity
Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Chapter 5 Head of Family
- Singular headship, plural leadership (Eph. 5:21)
How to Lead your Family on Good Friday and Easter
Proverbs 4:1-4 Hear, O sons, a father’s instruction, and be attentive, that you may gain insight, for I give you good precepts; do not forsake my teaching. When I was a son with my father, tender, the only one in the sight of my mother, he taught me and said to me, “Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments, and live.
- Passover – family home lead by father
- Jesus Last Supper – He was Head, father’s seat at the table
Easter Sunday – house churches
Start with a Plan for Good Friday and Easter
1. Study to prepare yourself.
Free ebook English/Spanish, lecture, notes, Q&A -social media markdriscoll.org
2. Pray to bring the peace of God’s presence into your family.
You are the thermostat, not the thermometer
3. Have an age appropriate plan for your family.
4. Be clear, practical, and lead the family.
(e.g. GOOD FRIDAY – at set times posted for all we will gather for prayer sharing prayer requests and praying for each other, we will watch Good Friday sermon, we will sit down to eat dinner and discuss what our takeaway was, we will watch The Passion of The Christ. EASTER SUNDAY – at set times posted for all we will get up, watch an Easter sermon, have brunch and discuss, play game/go for a walk/watch a movie/do a crafts project etc., meet for dinner to share what we are thankful for)
5. Give your wife a view, voice, and vote on your plan.
6. Give your kids a view, and voice on your plan.
7. Make adjustments going forward to keep going and improving.