Proud Men, Humble Men
James 4:6 “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
- We all live on a spectrum from humble to proud
- Humility is not thinking less of yourself. Humility is thinking of yourself less.
- Humility lets God be the center of your life, and leaves room for others with you.
- Humility permits you to accept help from God & others.
- Php. 2:5-11
- Mark 10:45 – serve & life as ransom †
- Mark 9 & 10 – “who is greatest” & “right & left”
- Humility – nearly 900X in Scripture
- Pride is Demonic. Humility is Godly.
- Pride pulls hell up. Humility invites heaven down.
- Pride is natural. Humility is supernatural.
- Pride is like a demon. Humility is the spirit that casts out that demon.
- Pride is how we war with God. Humility is how we worship God.
- Pride can humiliate you. Only you can humble yourself.
- Pride is a destination. Humility is a direction.
- Pride is the cause of most relational problems. Humility is the cure for most relational problems.
A Man Pursuing Humility
3 Kinds of Relationships
- Proud + Proud = a battle
- Proud + Humble = abuse
- Humble + Humble = a blessing
How can we pray for you? Email in at [email protected]